Thursday, March 08, 2007

Jail break

Well, yesterday the inevitable happened.... Sierra managed to climb out of her crib. I had put her down for a nap and had gone out to shovel the front steps. When I came back in, I thought I heard a door shut or open upstairs, but there is so much noise in our house because of the kitchen remodelling, I figured I was just hearing something from that end of the house, so I ignored it. About 10 minutes later or so, I look up and Sierra is standing on the landing with a book in her hand saying, "Read this? Read this?" I literally jumped about 10 feet! She seemed completely nonchalant about the fact that she had crawled out of the crib, and was pretty much just interested in her book at that point. Since it was obvious that she hadn't slept at all I made a vain attempt to then get her to go to sleep in our bed, but that failed and she was "up for the count" so to speak. In the evening, since it was obvious that we couldn't really put her down in the crib for bedtime, we found a rail to put on the side of the twin bed in her room at Grandma and Grandpa's house (we are staying there during the remodel) and she went down easy and slept in her big girl bed without a peep all night. This morning she had slid down onto the floor and was standing there looking at a book when I went in.

Now, this afternoon she evidently has not been so cooperative with the "big bed" napping scheme. The last report I got from Grandma was that she was "in there rustling around" and the prognosis was that she might be tearing up the diapers from her changing station. I guess I'll hear the full story later.... Let the games begin!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home