Meaning of life
This week Sierra has started asking what certain words mean. For example, I was reading "Harold's ABC's" to her the other night and in one place it says "Etcetera, etcetera". She stopped me and said, "Wass means? Cetra?" So I explained it a bit and she seemed satisfied so we went on. She ended up stopping me quite a few times to inquire about certain words.
There's a song from "Man of La Mancha" that goes "Hail, Knight of the Woeful Countenance" and at some point I started singing to that tune to Sierra except that I changed the words to "Hail, girl of the beautiful countenance" etc. I've been singing that to her for awhile, but yesterday she wanted to know "wass means? countence?" When I explained it to her she got the biggest smile across her face and seemed quite pleased! I guess she got the compliment finally! :-)
There's a song from "Man of La Mancha" that goes "Hail, Knight of the Woeful Countenance" and at some point I started singing to that tune to Sierra except that I changed the words to "Hail, girl of the beautiful countenance" etc. I've been singing that to her for awhile, but yesterday she wanted to know "wass means? countence?" When I explained it to her she got the biggest smile across her face and seemed quite pleased! I guess she got the compliment finally! :-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home