Evi's first solids
Evi finally got her mouth around some "real" food this week--on the eve of her 5 month birthday. We started seeing the signs about a week earlier. Every time we would eat she would watch us take the food from the plate and put it in our mouths and she was just drooling and looking so eager to get her hands on some of it for herself! Also, she started waking up hungry in the night, which she hasn't done for months. So it was pretty clear that we needed to start filling up her tummy a bit better. Well, right about that time Sierra was recovering from her broken collarbone, getting over the stomach flu, and Jonathan left for a week. I didn't think it would be prudent to introduce solid food right when she might be at risk for getting a stomach bug, plus Jonathan really wanted to be here for her first food, so I waited until he got back and we finally did it the other night. She of course had no idea what to do with it and most of it ended up down on the bib, but I think by today she is starting to get the hang of it. I'm sure by the end of the week, she'll be scarfing down massive helpings of her rice cereal.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home