Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Evelyn Aldrich, pianist

Today Evi woke up from her nap quite early and Sierra, for once, was actually sleeping rather than singing at the top of her lungs in her room. I was in the middle of practicing, so I took Evi and put her in her Bumbo seat on top of the stool at the other piano--pulling it up close enough so that she could reach the keys. She was absolutely amazed and mesmerized by the keyboard and played quite a few keys, leaning over close to get a good look, and perhaps a good smell (or taste?) as well. I proceeded to practice for more than an hour with her sitting there watching and periodically reaching over and playing a few notes. When she finally got fussy in the seat, I put her on the floor beside me with a toy and she played there for the better part of another hour while I continued to practice. It brought back such great memories of when Sierra was little and she would lay on a blanket by my feet for long periods while I practiced--just looking up at me and smiling and playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home