Evelyn on the move
Evelyn is incredibly mobile already--it's crazy! I'll stick her in one spot on the floor and the next time I look down she will have traveled 5 or 6 feet. Of course, she only has one mode: reverse. She pushes with her arms and goes backwards pretty much all the time. This is a bit frustrating for her since if I put a toy in front of her, she'll get so excited that she pushes herself backwards and then cannot reach the toy anymore!
Yesterday I put her on the rug in Sierra's room and she managed to get all the way under the train table! In order to do this, she had to push herself completely off the rug, head over in that same direction about 6 feet, then do sort of a U turn to come under the table at the end. Later in the day Jonathan reported that she pushed herself almost completely under the filing cabinet in the office--all that was barely poking out was her little face, and of course in both instances she got really mad when she was stuck, or when she would lift her head and bonk it on whatever was overhead. I think we're going to have to start drilling her on the stairs pretty soon, like we did with Sierra. We basically taught Sierra how to go down the steps toes first before she was even crawling. We have WAY too many steps in our house so we need to start the indoctrination early.....
Yesterday I put her on the rug in Sierra's room and she managed to get all the way under the train table! In order to do this, she had to push herself completely off the rug, head over in that same direction about 6 feet, then do sort of a U turn to come under the table at the end. Later in the day Jonathan reported that she pushed herself almost completely under the filing cabinet in the office--all that was barely poking out was her little face, and of course in both instances she got really mad when she was stuck, or when she would lift her head and bonk it on whatever was overhead. I think we're going to have to start drilling her on the stairs pretty soon, like we did with Sierra. We basically taught Sierra how to go down the steps toes first before she was even crawling. We have WAY too many steps in our house so we need to start the indoctrination early.....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home