Historic moments
This morning I went to vote at our local polling place and when I arrived there was a huge crowd milling around, and a bunch of news vans filming. When I asked around, I discovered that Bill Clinton was slated to arrive any minute. So I decided to hang out and see if we could catch a glimpse.
I had both girls with me, and sure enough, in about 20 minutes, the motorcade pulled up and he hopped out and came over and started talking to people. I picked up both girls from the stroller and everyone sort up pushed us forward until we were right there. Bill shook both girls' hands and commented on how pretty they both were, and asked Sierra if she had just come from a dancing class (she had on her little pink ballerina skirt). If there was ever a time I wished I had a camera on my phone, that moment was it! Anyway, it was pretty cool--more for me than for them at this point in their lives, but hopefully it will be a fun story for them later!
I had both girls with me, and sure enough, in about 20 minutes, the motorcade pulled up and he hopped out and came over and started talking to people. I picked up both girls from the stroller and everyone sort up pushed us forward until we were right there. Bill shook both girls' hands and commented on how pretty they both were, and asked Sierra if she had just come from a dancing class (she had on her little pink ballerina skirt). If there was ever a time I wished I had a camera on my phone, that moment was it! Anyway, it was pretty cool--more for me than for them at this point in their lives, but hopefully it will be a fun story for them later!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home