Mother Goose , for better or for worse
I really like a lot of the Mother Goose rhymes, but some of them are rather questionable when it comes to gender discrimination issues, and some of them I downright dislike for that reason. We came upon one of them when I was reading to Sierra, so I told her that I didn't like it. She wanted me to read it anyway, which I did. A few pages later she opened to some random, benign poem and looked up at me solemnly, and said, "Mama, I don't like that one," and calmly turned the page to the next one. I tried really hard not to laugh!
Later in the day Jonathan was reading to her from the same book, and when they got to the one I had expressed my opinion about earlier, she said to him very seriously, "Mama doesn't like that one."
Later in the day Jonathan was reading to her from the same book, and when they got to the one I had expressed my opinion about earlier, she said to him very seriously, "Mama doesn't like that one."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home